Thursday, June 23, 2011

Life Can Be Like the Ocean

Several years ago I took my children to Hawaii. We stayed on the Big Island at a hotel just a block from the ocean. I wanted the children to experience a place of beauty, but very different from where we lived in Missouri.

Life can be like an ocean, you never know when or where you're going to be stung. How can life be like an ocean you ask? That's what this blog is about.

We found a perfect place to set up our little camp. I watched the children as they played in the water. I decided it was time for me to join in on the fun so I entered the water. As the water rose to my knees I felt an intense sting on my left leg and saw a medium size jellyfish swimming between my legs. Before I could move I felt another sting, this time to my right leg. Needless to say, that was the end of my ocean swim. For the next several days I spent my time with legs elevated to reduce the swelling.

Your life can be like the ocean: you never know what poisonous creatures will attack without warning. It is like a new Christian who experiences their first attack of the enemy. Many times the new Christian is not prepared with the armor of God . It takes time to mature as a Christian. Unless a stronger Christian is giving encouragement and walking along side, a young Christian may call it quits. Do you know a new Christian that needs encouragement?



No comments:

Post a Comment